Seven Different Selling Methods
- Live auction at your site or a rented site
- Live Tuesday auctions at our site which is Mau’s Corner near St. Francis from April through September
- Online estate auction at your site
- Online consignment auction with pick-up usually at the Nowthen City Hall
- Outright sale to AAA Auction of your items
- Traditional estate sale
- Flea Market
Fees And General Information About Each Type Of Auction
1. Live auction at your site or a rented site
These fees vary depending on the amount of time necessary to prepare and conduct your auction and the anticipated proceeds of the sale. Our fees are very competitive and usually average around 25%. There are also additional fees for set-up and advertising. Much smaller fees are charged for high value items such as cars and the like.
2. Live Tuesday auctions at our site which is Mau’s Corner near St. Francis from April through September
Our Tuesday auctions at Mau’s Corner will begin again on April 5, 2016 at 9 a.m. We will then hold an auction every Tuesday through September. These are outdoor auctions and we put up canopies when needed, but it is possible that the weather may cause us to cancel an auction. Any cancellation will be posted as soon as possible on our website.
3. Online estate auction at your site
The fees below are based upon you bringing your items to the live auction. Higher fees are charged if we pick up your items. As you can see, we encourage people to not bring undesirable items. The fees are per item as follows:
|Up to $2.50||100%|
|$3 to $4||50%|
|$5 to $99||25%|
|$100 to $599||10%|
If you bring things to Mau’s Corner for our Tuesday auctions, we recommend that you arrive by 6 a.m. Those sellers who are present by 6 a.m. will get in a drawing that will determine the order of sale for the day. Everyone who arrives after 6 a.m. will simply take their place in line at the time they arrive. Also, those sellers who sell $200 or more are allowed to set out their items on the following Tuesday ahead of everyone else who is in the lottery provided they too arrive by 6 a.m.
Sellers set out their own items for easy inspection in the areas designated. We will show you. You can bring your own tables or borrow tables from us as long as we have some. If you borrow our tables, you will need to bring them back to the stack when you are done using them. Items may also be set on the ground or in some cases left on a trailer.
Please be prepared to unload or load your items yourself. AAA Auction does not provide any manpower to load or unload any items.
You must remove any of your items that do not sell right after the auction. Any unsold items left at the auction site will be disposed by AAA Auction at the owner’s expense.
If you are present at the end of the auction, and if your selling area is all picked-up, we will pay you for your sold items on the spot. If you are not present when the auction is over, we will mail your check to you in about one week.
We will come to your home and photograph all of the items to be sold. We will then type descriptions of those items and hold an online estate auction for about 9 days. The winners will then come to your home to pick up their items. We will handle all for this for you.
These fees vary depending on the amount of work necessary to prepare and sell your items and the anticipated proceeds of the sale. Our fees are very competitive and usually average around 25%.
An online estate auction is similar to a traditional estate sale, but does not have some of the drawbacks of a traditional estate sale. For example:
- Online estate auctions avoid having a person price something so it does not sell or so low it sells right away for less money than it is worth.
- Competitive bidding means that you get top dollar on each item you sell.
- There is seldom anything left over after an auction.
- You don't have hordes of people wandering through your house.
- More people are exposed to your items in our online estate auctions. We have around 40,000 page hits for each online auction we do.
- We pay our clients very quickly (in about 7-10 days), not in six weeks like most estate sale companies.
- We describe each item and often include several photographs of each item as well. Most estate sale companies take only one photograph of an item and do not describe it very well.
- When required, we have certified appraisers on our staff who can provide you with well-researched opinions on the value of an item.
4. Online consignment auction with pick-up usually at the Nowthen City Hall
We hold online consignment auctions about every 4 to 6 weeks, but more often as the need arises. Our fees are based upon you bringing your items to us. Higher fees are charged if we pick up the items for sale. The fees are per item as follows:
|Up to $99||35% ($3 minimum fee per lot)|
|$100 to $599||10%|
|$600 or more||Free|
If you would like to bring items to us for consignment, please call us first at (763) 421-3044 and schedule a drop-off time. The drop off location is in Nowthen.
5. Outright sale to AAA Auction of your items
One of our professional appraisers will review your items and make you an offer. Payment is made in cash and the pick-up of your items can be done quickly. There are a couple of ways to do this.
- A Pick - When we do a pick, we determine one overall price that we offer to you. We will then take whatever we choose from the items you have to sell.
- Clean-Out - Some sellers need everything removed from their property. We can do that too. We will pay you for your items if there is adequate value in selling the items to cover our clean-out overhead. Sometimes, there is not enough value in the items to allow us to do that, so it could be that no money changes hands or we charge the seller for our clean-out service.
6. Traditional estate sale
A traditional estate sale involves pricing your items and setting them up at your site for a 2 or 3 day sale. If this method works best for you, we partner with a highly regarded and experienced estate sale firm. The fees for this service are similar to an online estate auction at your site.
7. Flea Market
You may choose to sell your items at our weekly Flea Market that takes place every Tuesday from April through September starting at 7 am at Mau’s Corner. There is no charge for your space. No sign-up is required, so if you would like to sell at the flea market, simply show up with your items.
Other Information about Selling
Contact us to consign items for an upcoming auction.